The Bitu-mill group of companies operates under an Integrated Management System (IMS) which has third party certification for Quality, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
Bitu-mill has developed its Integrated Management System to focus on delivering on a level of quality, safety and environmental management that provides customer satisfaction, a safe work environment, minimises environmental impacts and manages risk. Continual improvement ensures the system meets the changing needs of all clients and authorities whilst refining processes to ensure Bitu-mill remain efficient and competitive.
Bitu-mill’s occupational health and safety system is focused on ensuring that anyone working with us remains free from harm and understands the role they play in ensuring their own safety plus that of all others in the workplace.
The implementation of a systematic approach to quality, safety and environmental management provides direct benefits to the performance of the company in meeting customer requirements.
A safe working culture is everyones responsibility. This can be best achieved through cooperative efforts of employees.
The management of Bitu-mill is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees both on the job site and on its premises. This is achieved via training and set procedures that are in place to reduce injuries and hazards.
In demonstrating managements duty of care we make every reasonable effort to provide a working environment that minimizes incidents of personal injury, ill health or damage to property. This includes:
- Promote Bitu-mill safety policy to all employees and contractors
- Conduct workplace inspections and manage a hazard reporting system
- Investigate accidents immediately with the aim of preventing similar accidents occurring again
- Train new employees in the following areas:
- Safe work practices and the use of safety equipment
- Individual training for specific needs
- Provide first aid officers and equipment
- Provide emergency procedures
- Provide Personal Protective Equipment
A safe culture is reinforced through:
- Continually identifying, assessing and controlling possible risks to the health and safety of people in the work place
- The provision of information concerning such risks and the promotion, instruction, training and supervision of employees to ensure safe work practices
- Giving employees and customers the opportunity to participate in health and safety decisions that affect them.
In the interest of maintaining safety, contractors their employees, visitors and customers are required to observe and comply with all health and safety standards and rules produced. This includes any safety signage or warnings, or instruction given by a company employee whilst on our premises or job sites.
Bitu-mill is dedicated to a quality policy that will ensure that its products and services fully meet the requirements of its customers at all times. The goal of the company is to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction at all times. Bitu-mill believes in the concept of client and supplier working together in pursuing this policy and in continually striving for improvements in service delivery.
The quality policy is based on 3 fundamental principles:
- Ensuring that we fully identify and conform to the needs of our customers.
- Looking at our service provision processes, identifying the potential for errors and taking the necessary action to eliminate them.
- Everyone understanding how to do their job and doing it right the first time.
To ensure that the policy is successfully implemented, staff will be responsible for identifying customer requirements, and ensuring that the correct procedures are followed to meet those requirements. Objectives needed to ensure that the requirements of this policy are met and that continual improvement is maintained in line with the spirit of the policy, will be set, determined and monitored at Management Review.
The quality policy principles and objectives will be communicated and available to staff at all times. Training will be an integral part of the strategy to achieve the objectives. Within this Policy we are committed to operating our Company under the disciplines and control of a Quality Management System conforming to the International Standard 1S0 9001:2000, planned and developed jointly with our other management functions.
Bitu-mill is all committed to operating continuously to this standard and we will maintain the necessary Quality Approvals consistent with our customer requirements.
Bitu-mill will constantly review and improve on our services to ensure tasks are completed in the most cost effective and timely manner for the benefit of all our customers.
We shall ensure that all our personnel understand and fully implement our Company’s policies and objectives and are able to perform their duties effectively through an ongoing training and development program. Bitu-mill is committed to third party accreditation of the systems, procedures and undertakes annual audits by an external party.
The management of Bitu-mill is committed to and will undertake to comply with all statutory requirements in relation to Environmental Management and will work towards minimising any impact on the environment during any work process it undertakes.
Bitu-mill is committed to planning, carrying out and monitoring its operations in order to:
- Comply with relevant EPA regulations, and any local council development application consent conditions and any additional customer requirements relating to the environment.
- Prevent Pollution: Minimise waste through efficient material and plant utilisation, plus reuse or recycle material when appropriate.
- Respond promptly to an emergency, which could cause adverse damage to the environment.
Appropriate training and instruction shall be provided to ensure that project staff understand how to implement the Environmental Management Plan.
Staff are encouraged to offer suggestions about how the environmental protection measures can be improved. Such suggestions will be assessed by Company management and implemented as appropriate.
Bitu-mill is DLCS certified in:
Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
Environmental Management Systems (EMS)