Bitu-mill is a major player in the Civil Construction Industry that prides itself on delivering excellence in the field. Building on years of success and strong client relationships, our family orientated business continues its expansion in the subdivision and land development market.
We are always looking for new talent to join our team. Please contact us to express your interest.
We are currently seeking experienced civil estimator to join in the growth of this exciting team.
Bitu-mill is a major player in the Civil Construction Industry that prides itself on delivering excellence in the field. Building on years of success and strong client relationships, our family orientated business continues its expansion rapidly.
As a senior member of our tendering team, you will be supported well and have ample opportunity to mentor and develop staff, improve systems and processes and continue to learn from your peers. Ideally you will be a seasoned campaigner with management experience and a significant work history in civil projects centred around roadworks, infrastructure and bridges, carpark, wetlands and subdivisions. All applicants will be judged according to merit and experience.
Successful candidates will join a diverse, highly capable and well-respected organisation that is committed to being the leader in the industry.
At Bitu-mill, we focus on:
- Superior results every time,
- Win-win outcomes,
- Attracting and retaining the best people in the industry
- Our Core Values, which are Sustainability, Integrity, Transparency, Performance and Respect.
Bitu-mill are looking for a senior estimator with relevant experience, someone who will demonstrate a progressive and forward-thinking mindset who will continually seek ways to improve the company’s competitive edge.
Looking after multiple project bids from $2m to over $50m you will manage the Estimation process from the:
- Assessment of Tender Documents,
- Detailed digital take-offs,
- Securing prices from suppliers,
- Estimating production and
- Building the tender from first principles.
You will possess & have proven knowledge of the following
- Ideally, have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying Construction Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as an Estimator with (ideally) a Tier 2 Civil Contractor
- Have a track record in estimating civil construction projects from first principles and winning tenders that are subsequently delivered for a profit
- Proven ability to price jobs accurately and conservatively and a good win ratio on project tenders
- Enjoy working with engineers and in a team environment
- Sound computer literacy – estimation software; Expert Estimator is preference but not a necessity as we will offer training.
The main benefit of this role is the opportunity to join an excellent company who strongly believe ‘The people of the company are the company’ – Other benefits include:
- Excellent salary package – Negotiable depending on experience
- Company vehicle negotiable
- Career Progression Opportunities
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with an industry leading organisation that is well-established and strongly values the wellbeing of their workers and the community. You will be offered great working conditions and for the right candidates, a great remuneration package.
Please register your interest and apply today email Alison
We are currently seeking experienced civil foremen to join in the growth of this exciting team.
- Ensure work sites are operated safely in accordance with project SWMS and Bitu-mill’s HSE&Q systems and Integrated Management System;
- Manage and supervise site staff and subcontractors;
- Ensure works comply with client specifications and Bitu-mill procedures;
- Manage onsite documentation efficiently;
- Recording daily activities and cost tracking;
- Assist with the programming of and procurement for the project;
- Deliver works with your project team to forecast budget and delivery dates;
- Lead ongoing cost improvements
- Maintain and develop customer relationships with key stakeholders
- Promote and develop a strong safety culture;
- Continually improve the skill level of our site workforce;
- Have an excellent attention to detail;
- Deliver high quality work, while adhering to timelines
- High quality work, while following and adhering to timelines
- Strong work ethic
- Able to pass a full pre-employment medical
- Flexible with duties
This is a rare and rewarding opportunity to work with an industry leading organisation that is well-established and strongly values the wellbeing of their workers and the community. You will be offered great working conditions and for the right candidates, a great remuneration package.
Please apply here
Bitu-mill is a major player in Road Maintenance and Civil Construction Industry that prides itself on delivering excellence in the field.
Drawing on almost 40 years industry experience Bitu-mill has the resources and the expertise to deliver a wide array of road and civil construction works. We have built an exceptional team with a reputation for delivering superior results that exceed expectations every time. Bitu-mill endeavours to supply the road and civil construction industry with a high quality of service and ongoing support.
Servicing a wide range of clients from VicRoads, local government and authorities to developers, builders and other civil contractors, our team has the experience, knowledge and capabilities to deliver all types of civil and infrastructure works.
We are looking for outstanding candidates that can deliver:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a project engineer or manager working on road, road reconstruction or civil related projects
- Proven track record in the delivery of road and civil construction / rehabilitation projects on time and within budget
- Good verbal and written references to verify the above
- Good attitude, willingness to be a leader in the field and set a hard working example
- Strong understanding of authority specifications and methods
- Ability to think on your feet and make good decisions
- Strong focus on safety
Please apply by getting in touch with Alison here
We are currently seeking experienced Heavy combination truck drivers to join our Victoria team transporting various road construction products across Melbourne metro.
Our business runs around the clock and we are looking for a variety of drivers to cover all shifts including: nights, mornings, day and weekends. We have plenty of ongoing work, and plenty of hours for those who are willing and able. Training can be provided to applicants who possess the right attitude and willingness to take direction.
This is a rare and rewarding opportunity to work with one of the leaders in the profiler and civil construction industry that strongly values the wellbeing of their workers and the community.
The ideal candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Proven road work experience with Live body trailers preferred but not essential as training can be provided.
• Completed White/Red card is essential
• Heavy Combination license
• Excellent communication skills and be able to work with others.
• Commitment to safety
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Strong work ethic
• Possess a positive, can do attitude and an ability to train others
• High quality work, while following and adhering to timelines
• Adhere to policies and procedures
• Excellent attention to detail
• High quality work, while following and adhering to timelines
Please apply here
The Bitu-mill Commitment
Rigorous control of tendering, job planning and project management
Selection and training of personnel, subcontractors and suppliers to maintain high work standards
Quality & Testing
We undertake rigorous quality inspection and testing practices to ensure the best outcome
Conservation of materials and resources is at the forefront of all projects we undertake
Best practice standards in health and safety management
Control of waste, and regard for the environment in all processes
By the book
Strict commitments in place to comply with all statutory requirements
Commitment to continuous improvement of our management system
You could work for clients like these