The Bitu-mill group of companies operates under an Integrated Management System (IMS) which has third party certification for Quality, Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
Bitu-mill has developed its Integrated Management System to focus on delivering on a level of quality, safety and environmental management that provides customer satisfaction, a safe work environment, minimises environmental impacts and manages risk. Continual improvement ensures the system meets the changing needs of all clients and authorities whilst refining processes to ensure Bitu-mill remain efficient and competitive.
Bitu-mill’s occupational health and safety system is focused on ensuring that anyone working with us remains free from harm and understands the role they play in ensuring their own safety plus that of all others in the workplace.
The implementation of a systematic approach to quality, safety and environmental management provides direct benefits to the performance of the company in meeting customer requirements.
Bitu-mill’s Health and Safety Policy
Bitu-mill’s Safety Management System is accredited to AS 4801:2001.
Bitu-mill’s Safety Principles are:
▪ Promote a fair and just culture.
▪ Commitment to promoting a safe and incident free culture with the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
▪ Empower employees and subcontractors to stop work where they consider the safety, health or the environment to be at risk.
▪ Manage emergency response requirements and processes.
▪ Encourage reporting of incidents, hazards and near misses.
▪ Conduct internal audits of all aspects of the Integrated Management System.
▪ Maintain a proactive risk management program specific to eliminating hazards, reduce risks and capitalise on opportunities throughout the scope of the organisation.
▪ Management commitment, visible leadership and engagement driven across all elements of the business.
▪ Comply with all applicable Health and Safety legal requirements and other compliance obligations relating to Health and Safety.
▪ Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement of the Integrated Management System.
▪ Implement and maintain safe work practices and procedures that are relevant to the operational activity and comply with statutory and other requirements.
▪ Ensure all employees and service providers are adequately informed, trained and supervised and they understand their obligations with respect to Health and Safety.
▪ Maintain a safe work environment and provide resources, facilities, plant, tools and equipment for people to work safely.
Bitu-mill’s Quality Policy
Bitu-mill Quality Management System is certified to ISO 9001:2015.
Bitu-mill’s Principles are:
▪ Promote product and service quality as being the responsibility of all our employees and service providers.
▪ Consistently deliver services in accordance with all contracts and agreements.
▪ Provide clients with products and services that meet and / or exceed their expectations.
▪ Achieve and complete contract milestones on schedule.
▪ Comply with relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
▪ Maintain a continuously improving quality management system which prevents non-conformity.
▪ Promote continuous improvement.
▪ Maintain a certified Integrated Management System.
▪ Provide an auditable Integrated Management System that ensures we meet and exceed contractual obligations and quality, health, safety and environmental objectives and targets.
▪ Conduct our business activities ethically and strive to become an asset to the business community.
Bitu-mill’s Environmental Sustainability Policy
Bitu-mill’s Environmental Management System is certified to ISO 14001:2015.
Bitu-mill’s overarching environmental principles are to:
▪ Commit to and promote environmental protection, including prevention of pollution.
▪ Empower our employees and service providers to conduct our business with the protection of the environment as a priority and to stop work where they consider the environment at risk.
▪ Maintain a proactive risk management program to manage and mitigate environmental impacts.
▪ Ensure our business activities have minimal impact on the environment.
▪ Comply with all applicable environmental legal requirements and other compliance obligations relating to environmental aspects.
▪ Implement and maintain procedures that are relevant to the operational activity and comply with statutory and other requirements.
▪ Promote environmental awareness, waste minimisation and environmental compliance.
▪ Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
▪ Provide support to suppliers and service providers in meeting our environmental commitments, contractual and otherwise.
▪ Conduct audits of all aspects of the environmental management system.
Bitu-mill is DLCS certified in:
Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
Environmental Management Systems (EMS)