|Project||Bridge over Toolen Creek||Commencement||January 2018|
|Location||Melton South, VIC (Atherstone)||Completion||September 2018|
|Client||Lendlease (Communities)||Value||$7.4 Million|
Bitu-mill were successful on tendering to work on; two span skewed girder bridge including services with approximately 600 lineal metres of adjoining road works.
Construction of two-span girder bridge
- Pilling through fresh basalt, 100t pilling rig required to break through the rock
- Construction of in-situ columns, abutments, crosshead and fender walls
- Installation of earth reinforced walls
- Installation of x14 girders weighing at 58t each. Dual lift required for installation
- Deck construction complete in staged approach to include, carriageway, kerbs, footpaths & voids.
- Completed with road barriers and pedestrian fencing
- Construction of 600 lin.m of deep lift asphalt pavement
- Construction of new round-a-bout
- Complex service methodology required for installation of DICL 450 rising main
- Complex service methodology required for installation of ERW Linepipe API5L PSL2 w/ 3L PE coat
- Installation of electrical, comms, water, and street lighting
Works completed to high quality with exceptional finishes and tidy sites
Win – win attitude at play with negotiation on additional works awarded and attached to the contract
Exceptionally satisfied customer resulting in the further business relations for Bitu-Mill, Metro, Urban & Landscape divisions
Over 30,000 man hours works, with zero LTI’s, great achievement for the complex scope.