|Project||Gateway Estate – Bulk Earthworks||Commencement||September 2017|
|Location||Truganina, Victoria||Completion||June 2018|
|Client||Central Equity||Value||>$5 Million|
Gateway Estate located in Palmers Road; Truganina required remediation of approximately 205,000 cubic meters of uncontrolled fill from a previous ‘landfill’ site in preparation for a 180-lot residential sub-division.
Major excavation works involved the screening and remediation of 205,000 cubic metres. The area was then filled with approximately 150,000 cubic metres of that screened material whilst carting off site of the remaining 55,000 cubic metres.
A Melbourne Water drainage line was also constructed, connecting the upstream existing subdivision to the downstream existing Doherty’s Creek.
Cut, Screen & Fill
Protective Capping Layer
Load & Cart Offsite
Precise planning and management of the limited space to stockpile, Bitu-mill was able to cart material on & off-site without delay, thus guaranteeing screening productivities remained high.
With innovative environmental controls and assistance from Connolly Environmental, working alongside existing Doherty’s creek, we were able to ensure there was no negative impact on the environment during construction.
Utilising Bitu-mill’s own GPS machinery (grader, dozer, compactor) in full, enabled us to safeguard all earthworks were finished to correct design levels.
- Minimal environmental disruptions to existing Doherty’s Creek during bulk earthworks.
- Constructing the main drainage line into the existing Doherty’s Creek.
- Works completed ahead of program
- Separable portion was completed early enough to commence residential sub-division over the top.
- Through intentionally compacting material at a higher standard than required, we saved our client significant time in settlement monitoring, resulting in early titles.
- Positive feedback from Connolly Environmental on our works with exceptional results stemming from environmental auditing.