As an Asphalt Paving Foreman, you will be reporting to the Asphalt Manager. The purpose of the role is to help manage a team on Bitu-mill work sites. This role is available to start immediately and is a full-time opportunity. A list of the many duties the successful applicant will undertake include:
- Responsible for the day to day management of asphalt paving crew to deliver programmed works for an extensive client base
- Ensure work sites are operated safely in accordance with Bitu-mill’s HSE&Q systems and Integrated Management System
- Industry experience with knowledge of various plant and equipment for the safe delivery of asphalt projects
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team through role modeling and productive personal behavior
- Lead and direct toolbox meetings, risk assessments, and capture of project-specific information
- Car license, and Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Beneficial: Truck license and machine operator tickets
- Strong attention to detail and likes to get things right
- Energy, drive, and enthusiasm are givens
- Confidence in problem-solving, relationship management, and communication.
- An ability to manage and prioritise workloads or ask for help when necessary.
- Proven experience in meeting deadlines within a fast pace environment and having a strong sense of ‘what’s next’
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Bitu-mill offers all staff interesting and challenging long-term careers
- Generous salary
- Rewarding workplace culture
- Work-life balance
- Family culture and friendly team with work-life balance
Does all the above suit what you are looking for? Come join a team where our core values are people first. Simply forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Bitu-mill is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.