We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer to work with our Urban Division delivering the civil construction of subdivisions across Victoria, in particular around the growth corridors of Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat and northern Victoria. A list of tasks this role will require include;
- Ensure work sites are operated safely in accordance with project SWMS and Bitu-mill’s HSEQ systems and Integrated Management System;
- Lead and mentor other members of the team
- Manage and supervise site staff and subcontractors;
- Ensure works comply with client specifications and Bitu-mill procedures;
- Manage onsite documentation efficiently;
- Recording daily activities and cost tracking;
- Assist with the programming of and procurement for the project;
- Deliver works with your project team to forecast budget and delivery dates;
- Lead ongoing cost improvements;
- Maintain and develop customer relationships with key stakeholders;
- Promote and develop a strong safety culture;
- Continually improve the skill level of our site workforce;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- Deliver high-quality work, while adhering to timelines;
Candidates must meet the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent;
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, ideally with a Melbourne based Civil Contractor;
- Experience with Subdivision Construction, Road Construction and Bulk Earthworks;
- Proficient with programming and planning works, with MS Project;
- Friendly, energetic, enthusiastic leadership skills;
- High quality work, while following and adhering to timelines;
- Strong work ethic, attitude, and integrity;
- Able to pass a full pre-employment medical;
- Flexible with duties with a partnership and teamwork focus;
- Willingness to be a leader in the field and set a hard-working example;
- Good verbal and written references to verify the above.
An attractive package is on offer for the right candidate including a generous salary, company vehicle, phone, and computer.
As a growing business, this is a great role to get into Bitu-mill with plenty of opportunity for growth with us.
Does all the above suit what you are looking for? Come join a team where our core values are people first. Simply forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Bitu-mill is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.